Effective Date: January 1, 2022
- Submit purchase orders or engage in other transactions with us;
- Communicate with us by email, telephone, mail, facsimile, or in person at events;
- Sign up to receive email, mail, or other communications from us; and
- Otherwise provide Personal Information to us, whether offline or online in the context of our relationship with you.
"Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address, and broader categories of information such as your professional information, commercial information, and Internet activity.
We may collect information about you (collectively, "Personal Information”) when you visit the Sites; register a user account with the Sites; order our products; submit an application for credit; communicate with us online or offline; sign up to receive email, newsletters, or other communications from us; or otherwise voluntarily provide Personal Information to us. We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you:
- Contact information, such as your name, your place of business, job title, postal address, email address, telephone number, mailing or shipping address, and any personal or business contact information you voluntarily provide to HALO;
- Payment information, such as your credit or debit card information, bank account details, and other payment processing information;
- Customer account information, such as the products and services you purchase or receive from us, the items in your shopping cart on our Sites, any information we receive in connection with your order, and information related to your online customer account you register on the Sites;
- Credit application information, such as your business’ name, contact information, entity type, owner(s) and officer(s), tax status, bank references, trade references, and other information you provide when your business applies for credit from us;
- Site usage information, including information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access the Sites, your IP address, the type of Internet browser used to visit the Sites, the areas of the Sites you visited and the actions you performed on the Sites, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, request customer support, submit comments or questions regarding our products and services, or otherwise communicate with HALO.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to:
- Provide you with products and services. We may use your Personal Information to provide you with products and services, including to process and fulfill your orders; process your payment card and other transactions; send you invoices; evaluate any credit application you submit to us and, if applicable, extend credit to you; administer and maintain your customer account, including any online customer account you register on the Sites; operate contests, sweepstakes and other promotions; and send you communications related to your orders and our products and services.
- Build and maintain our customer relationships. We may use your Personal Information to improve your experience with our products and services, send you marketing messages about products or services that may be of interest to you, send you informational newsletters, provide you with customer service, and showcase our products to you at events. We may also draw inferences from the Personal Information you provide to us, such as information about your preferences, characteristics, and interest in our products and services.
- Improve the Sites and our product and service offerings. We may use your Personal Information to understand who is visiting the Sites and purchasing our products, perform market research and analysis, analyze how the Sites are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Sites and your user experience, conduct quality assurance activities, perform internal business reviews, and develop new product offerings and services.
- Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings. We may use your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your Personal Information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our Account Executives. We may share your name and contact information (such as email address) with one or more of our Account Executives if you purchase a product or submit an inquiry or request. "Account Executives” refers to our local sales representatives throughout the United States who represent our product lines. Many of our Account Executives work for us as independent contractors and often have their own websites. Our Account Executives may communicate with you on our behalf to assist with your request, inquiry, or transaction; send you marketing messages about our products and services; or support our customer relationship with you. Please note our Account Executives may also use your contact information to send you marketing messages about their own products and services, which are not products and services offered by HALO. As discussed below, you may opt out of HALO sharing your contact information with Account Executives.
- With our business partners. We may share your name and contact information (such as email address) with our business partners, including our product manufacturers and vendors, and they may market and offer products and services directly to you. As discussed below, you may opt out of HALO sharing your contact information with our business partners.
- With our suppliers and other service providers. We may share your Personal Information with our suppliers, service providers, and vendors that perform tasks on our behalf, such as order and payment processing, order fulfillment and production, order shipping and delivery, invoicing or billing activities, data processing and storage, data security, marketing activities, and operating and maintaining the Sites.
- Public and governmental authorities. We may share your Personal Information with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over HALO, such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement, public bodies, and judicial bodies.
- Other third parties, as reasonably necessary. We may share
your Personal Information:
- In relation to a merger, sale, acquisition, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control (whether in whole or in part);
- To comply with your request.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, count users who have visited the Sites, and understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in emails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded to others. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML emails via your email software (e.g., by choosing to receive "text only” emails).
Web Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Do Not Track
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a Do Not Track ("DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, then the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many digital service operators, including HALO with respect to most of the Sites, do not recognize or respond to DNT signals. To learn more about DNT signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Opt Out from Emails and Other Communications
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or other communications from HALO, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us or by contacting us using the information below in the "Contact Us” section. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional communications regarding your order, your account, other transactions with us, or notices consistent with our legal obligations.
Opt Out of Sharing Information with Account Executives or Business Partners
As discussed above, we may share your contact information with our Account Executives and business partners when you purchase a product or submit an inquiry or request. To opt out of HALO sharing your contact information with our Account Executives or business partners or receiving product and services notifications, please contact us using the information below in the "Contact Us” section. Please note, however, that your opt-out request will not automatically stop those Account Executives or business partners who received your contact information from HALO before you made your opt-out request from contacting you directly via phone or email. You must contact those Account Executives or business partners directly (or use the opt-out method provided by them) to request that they no longer contact you.
Your Online User Account
If you have registered an online account on the Sites, you may make changes to your Personal Information by logging in to your account and making changes there.
Opt Out of Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need change their settings separately. In addition, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with respect to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other tracking technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies,visit this page
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of our Sites may not work, and when you revisit the Sites, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Opt Out of Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Notice to California Residents
Certain California residents have the privacy rights listed below. The rights listed below under the California Consumer Privacy Act and Shine the Light are not the same. To exercise your rights, you will need to follow the directions below.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Please note that the California Consumer Privacy Act does not currently allow all categories of California residents to exercise the rights listed below. For example, if you are a California employee, independent contractor, job applicant, or contact person at a HALO customer, vendor, or supplier, then you may not have any or all of the privacy rights listed below with respect to Personal Information we have about you in the context of HALO’s relationship with you.
Request to Know. You have the right to request to know (1) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (3) the types of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (4) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (5) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (6) the purposes for collecting and selling your Personal Information. You may exercise your right to request to know twice a year, free of charge.
Please note, in response to a request to know, we are prohibited from disclosing your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, and account password or security questions and answers.
Generally, in the past 12 months:
- We have disclosed the categories of Personal Information described in the "What Information We Collect” section to the categories of third parties listed in the "How We Share Your Personal Information” section.
- We did not sell your Personal Information to third parties, as we understand this term under the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations.
- Request to delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason for the denial.
- Opt Out of Sale of Your Personal Information. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. We do not, and will not, sell your Personal Information to third parties, as we understand this term under the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, please understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of the Sites or our services.
To make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us using the information in the "Contact Us” section below.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an account with us, we will use our existing account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we may request additional information about you so that we can verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information you provide to verify your identity and to process your request, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent who does not submit proof that you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf.
California "Shine the Light” Law
California residents may also request information from us once per calendar year about certain Personal Information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information, please contact us by using the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information that you have shared with us, but absolute security cannot be guaranteed. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account access information and to your computer. We urge you to keep your account log-in information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. We will endeavor to notify you in the event we become aware of a breach of the security of your Personal Information stored by or for us. However, we shall not be liable for any breach of the security of your Personal Information resulting from your own acts or omissions.
We use one or more secure servers for the Site. By "secure,” we mean that the Site uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and that our web servers are capable of delivering 128-bit encryption. For example, when you make a purchase on the Site, your Personal Information (including Payment Account Information) is transmitted using the SSL protocol and then encrypted (using industry-standard 128-bit SSL technology) into a secure database maintained by our payment gateway provider, which will be accessible only by those who are authorized to access the information and who are required to keep the information confidential. Please note, however, that your browser, not our web servers, ultimately determines the exact level of encryption. You may not be able to shop online if your browser does not support SSL or if you are accessing the Internet from behind a firewall that prohibits SSL transactions.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If we discover that any registration or transaction is made by a minor, such registration or transaction will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from the Sites, with or without notice.
Changes to this Notice
Attn: HALO.COM Customer Service
1500 HALO Way Sterling, IL 61081
Send us a message